skip to Main Content
+44 (0) 1293 852 030 +44 (0) 1403 263 284 info@turners-removals.co.uk
The Seventies

The Seventies

In 1974 The Windmill Road site was compulsory purchased by Croydon Council for redevelopment. The Car Radio side was de-merged and relocated to 329 Brighton Road, South Croydon, where at the time of writing can still be found. Turners Car Radio is run by Ernest Turners grandson, Michael Turner. The removal side was moved to 128 Frant Road, in the premises formally owned by The Direct Potato Company. A new manager, Mr Keith Cranstun was taken on, who was to purchase the company upon Martin Turners retirement around 1980.

1973 saw another change of ownership of Turners Removals of Crawley. Mr John Hayes purchased the name and goodwill of the now two van firm. A move out of the Leopold Road premises took place after a while, the office moved to 26 Brighton Road, Crawley.

Back To Top