With his gratuity from the First World War, Ernest Turner started Turners Transport at 98 Lower Addiscombe Road, Croydon.
Turners became a Limited Company in around 1920 and during the next two decades the business grew and diversified into car hire, motor engineering and car radio as well as furniture removals.
In the late fifties, a small depot was opened in the then new town of Crawley.
The Crawley depot was later sold and operated as a separate business. Today Turners operate a fleet of vans, with warehouses in Faygate, Horsham and Ashington, north of Worthing.
Turners Removals are proud members of BAR.
The British Association of Removers was formed in 1900 and today represents leading removals and storage companies throughout Great Britain and the rest of Europe. Members are inspected to ensure that they are operationally and financially sound and must follow good practice guidelines.